to sell your biz
to a biz in 3rd world country
Eight Reasons To Sell Your Own Business
1. Confidentiality – You get to control who knows what.
2. Time – You get to determine which seller you spend time on.
3. Money – You can save a significant amount of money by selling your own business, without spending much additional time. (See Business Broker Commission Calculator on the home page)
4. Control – You can control your own destiny. You know more about your business than any broker ever will.
5. Percentage – Only 10% of all business sales involve a broker, which means that 90% are completed without one.
6. Due Diligence – The process of proving your financial data to prospective buyers usually goes much smoother because you are able to develop a one-on-one relationship with the potential buyer.
7. Commission – Commissions can bring up the price on your business. If there’s no commission, the price can be lower and may attract more buyers.
8. Brokers – Because of the nature of the industry, brokers do not generally spend the necessary time following up on prospective buyers, because they know that only 1 in 20 potential buyers actually purchase. They tend to spend more time on bigger businesses because the commission is much higher.
To clarify our position. We are not against using the services of a qualified, experienced Business Broker. In some cases, we would suggest it, or at least recommend a non-exclusive agreement, which enables you to market your own business and allows you to also list with a broker. When your business has revenue of over $1,000,000 or profit of over $250,000, hiring a business broker or performing an in-depth valuation may be prudent before selling your business. Additionally, if your business has unique attributes, for instance, you have a patent, an invention, unique long-term contracts, residual ongoing cash flow, or a unique business concept that is difficult to replicate, you may require an opinion of value or the services of a qualified business broker or financial consultant. See our Contact A Full-Service Discount Broker section on the Home Page.
However, if you’re one of the many retail, wholesale or service businesses that customers find in the yellow pages and your revenue is under $1,000,000, and your profit, including compensation to the owner, is under $250,000, then you can sell your own business. With our various plans, you choose how involved in the transaction you would like us to be.
Search Businesses for Sale
|Business Headline||Asking Price||Gross Sales||Cash Flow|